Sunday, October 24, 2010

This Is Getting Ridiculous

Honey is the smaller, forlorn rig in the center of the photo.
On Thursday I bought two new tires at Hogan Tire Service in Waltham, Ma.
This morning I departed Waltham about 9:45 and had another blowout about 11.
Gary checks out Honey's tires. "Inside tire is flat," he said.
Didn't realize what had happened at first, but pulled in to a TA center on Interstate 84.
Now I'm sitting and a little bit unhappy. Waiting for Honey to get pulled into a service bay to see what my options are. Really anxious to get back to Atlanta for a couple of days. Only 1,023 miles to go.
The good news is that I double checked my fantasy football lineup this morning and activated Robbie Gould of the Bears because my regular kicker, Nate Kaeding of the Chargers is hurt.
Reminds me of the wisdom of that old saw, "Always draft a back-up kicker."

At least a couple of people have mentioned that they were jealous of my adventure. At this moment,  it seems to me there is nothing of which to be jealous.

Stay tuned for tire news.

No comments:

Post a Comment