Friday, September 24, 2010

A Good Omen?

On Wednesday night I was taking a break from my trip preparations with Lisa, the kindly neighbor lady.

We sat on her front porch, enjoying the full moon -- or pretty close to it -- and the Autumnal Equinox -- or pretty close to it, when we heard the cries of a cat coming from the roof next door. Miss Fluffy was stranded and couldn't get down.

I fetched my ladder and, after several attempts, lured the kitty toward me, grasped her by the nape of the neck and lowered her safely to the ground.

Lisa reminded me of the proverb "No man stands so tall as he who uses a ladder to help a cat."

A good omen as I ready myself for the 4,200-mile, 45-day RV trip to visit the schools of the University Athletic Association?

Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin good luck on the trip. I'm a U of R grad with a cool startup that may help you tell the story of your travels. Click here to listen to my story and find out more: http://blurts.com/1fag9y

    ReplyDelete